hello I stumbled on this recently.
I setup a basic site to try setting up a Brightsign Player to use an FTP site.
According to the documentation, I also need to declare certain MIME types for this to work.
The following is copied from this site: https://support.brightsign.biz/hc/en-us/articles/218067517-Simple-File-Network-troubleshooting
3. Web server settings (Mime Types): Add the following MIME Types and test them using the examples in Step 4:
- “.brs” – Add this extension to your server as a MIME type. It should be set to plain/text
- “.” – Add a MIME type for files with no extensions as application/octet-stream
- “.bsfw” – Add a MIME type for BrightSign firmware files as application/octet-stream
- ".json" – If it doesn't already exist, add a MIME type for JSON files as application/json
- ".xml" – If it doesn't already exist, add a MIME type for XML files as text/xml
I'm assuming the XML and JSON types are set. I'm sure there is some of this weirdness with the bsfw, and brs file types.
I'm still very new to all of this, so I'm not certain this is the problem.
But as far as I can tell, I think this is the issue with it?